This activities kit will support your instruction of body paragraph development. Perfect for General Paper students or as an early/initial activity to scaffold more advanced writing in courses such as Global Perspectives or AP Seminar.
These writing activities fall under the following content theme: ‘Bilingualism/the Benefits of Knowing Multiple Languages.’ As high school students and members of an increasingly globalized society, young writers can easily join this conversation; having some familiarity with the topic already will help them focus more on structure, namely, support.
Added bonus? The content ‘theme’ of these materials will easily inspire ideas for building a larger unit theme around it! (i.e. Language, Communication, and Modern Identity)
Specifically, this packet contains:
- Classroom-ready brainstorm sheet, expository prompt version
- Classroom-ready brainstorm sheet, argumentative prompt version
- Teacher’s Brainstorming Reference
- Student-friendly Sample Body Paragraph handout
- Student-friendly Body Paragraph Draft Sheet/Scaffold
- ‘Seamless Scramble’ activity + Key (to acquaint students with using seamless transitions)
- Recommended Resource List for teaching content
IMPORTANT NOTE: Download capability expires after 7 days.
Like what you get? Leave me a rave review or send an email testimonial my way to be posted on www.edpioneer.com/testimonials!