Interested in an interactive way to get your students literally up and exploring that AP Capstone IWA Stimulus Packet? Try this activity! Half the price of a movie ticket, this activity will fuel a week's worth of exploration for your researchers. Specifically, this EOC activity-in-disguise is designed to help students:
- deconstruct each article's line of reasoning (EOC, Part I)
- make connections across the packet, recognizing themes as well as perspectives, while developing their own perspectives in the process (EOC, Part II)
- build a ‘read-then-wonder' mentality, which activates research queries
- use ‘brain thinking' strategies to generate ideas thoughtfully before testing those ideas in small and whole group collaboration
- use movement to spark creativity
- practice informal presentation skills
Need an alternative to ‘interactive'? This download also includes a handout for guiding students through simple but powerful “I Read, I Wonder” journal entries, which help them keep track of and explore ideas via stream-of-consciousness.
Let me know how things work out, will ya? Tweet me @blaze_the_trail, or post pics on Facebook and/or Instagram! Happy trails!